Monday, November 12, 2007

Candles!!


OMG! This weekend was the best! I finally got to sit and play and craft and it was wonderful! YIPPEE!
Here is one of my projects. I always wanted to try one but thought it was more difficult that it really is.
I was a bit intimidated by it.
So I thought I would give you a short how to.
It is so easy and so much fun!

How to stamp on candles

Using the Stampin Up Holy Triptych set, I stamped on white tissue paper using black staz on ink and then very "carefully" colored with shimmer chalks and a very dry aqua painter. Too much water and the paper is gone!! Let dry before attempting to move the image!! Cut the tissue paper as close to the image as possible and lay on your candle. Next wrap very tightly with wax paper and heat with your heat tool. Once the wax paper appears shiny and wet you can gently peel it away from the candle. Be sure not to use the heat tool too close or it will discolor the candle. Trust me on this one! I have one image on each side and plan to do other candles with the rest of the set! I am also thinking of adding a coordinating ribbon. We'll see.
Happy Monday!

No comments: